- The Event Management System is to be used strictly for SMU corporate event registration organised by SMU faculty and staff purposes.
- The system is subscribed as a Cloud or 'Software as a Service' (SaaS) model with RegOnline. Continuation of the service will depend on the usage and cost of the subscription. Integrated Information Technology Services reserves the right to review and give final decision on approval of any subsequent renewals of the system subscription.
- All users are to read and abide by the acceptable use policies of SMU, RegOnline, PayPal (for payment collection events), Singapore Personal Data Protection Act and Spam Control Act. Any user found to be in violation of these policies may have their Event Management System account temporarily or permanently disabled. Illegal acts involving the use of the system may also subject violators to prosecution by local authorities.
For tips to comply with the Personal Data Protection and Spam Control Acts, please refer to the Quick Start Guide. For more information, please refer to The Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC).
For events that collect personal data, you need to insert a Consent clause to the data collection form. A sample consent clause has been added to the sample template in the system to show you how to achieve this.
Please note that the the email request for withdrawal of consent is an interim measure, while we work out a long term solution to perform this. In the event that you receive a withdrawal of consent request in the interim:
- If the withdrawal request is for your office/school, please add it to the list that your office/school will keep for the time being until further notice.
- If the withdrawal request is for the entire University, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
- Proper authorization shall be sought for the use of any copyrighted material or third-party logos used in the system. SMU will not be responsible for damages resulting from the unauthorized use of such materials by users of the Event Management System.
- Each user is responsible for setup and managing his/her event registration and regularly backing up any related data.
- For the payment collection events, read and follow the Finance AOM. The user is required to seek approval from Office of Finance before launching the payment collection event registration form.
This policy might be amended at any time by posting a revised version on the website. The revised version will be effective at the time it is posted.