- SMU, through the Office of Research (ORE) and the Office of Integrated Technology Services (IITS) offers all faculty, staff and students the opportunity to use Qualtrics survey software for creating and distributing surveys at no cost to users.
- The Qualtrics survey software is subscribed under an annual renewal licencing scheme. Continued subscription will depend on usefulness and usage of the software.
- The Qualtrics survey software is to be used strictly for SMU academic and research purposes.
- Each user is responsible for building and updating his/her surveys, recipient list(s) and regularly backing up any related data.
- All users are to read and abide by the acceptable use policies of SMU, Qualtrics, Singapore Personal Data Protection Act and Spam Control Act. Any user found to be in violation of these policies may have their Qualtrics account temporarily or permanently disabled. Illegal acts involving the use of the system may also subject violators to prosecution by local authorities.
For more information, please refer to The Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC).
For surveys that collect personal data, you need to insert a Consent clause to the data collection form.
Please note that the the email request for withdrawal of consent is an interim measure, while we work out a long term solution to perform this. In the event that you receive a withdrawal of consent request in the interim:
- If the withdrawal request is for your office/school, please add it to the list that your office/school will keep for the time being until further notice.
- If the withdrawal request is for the entire University, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
- Use of copyrighted materials and third party logos in surveys. It is important that proper authorization be sought for the use of any copyrighted material or third-party logos used in the surveys. SMU will not be responsible for damages resulting from the unauthorized use of such materials by users of the Qualtrics software.
This policy might be amended at any time by posting a revised version on the website. The revised version will be effective at the time it is posted.