The services that IITS provide for requests pertaining to events are as follows:
- Provide consultancy and advisory services on use of audio visual technology for events held at SMU.
- Provide support to events at SMU's auditoriums
- All support needs to be pre-arranged at least 5 working days prior to the event.
- Support may be in the form of advisory, remote setup, setup, partial or full standby.
- For usage of AV equipment in the auditorium, the air-con has to be turned on 1hour prior the expected time of setup of the equipment
- Setup and testing of Audio Visual equipment which belongs to SMU and IITS, with prior arrangements made.
- You may submit your event request in the eForm
Non-IT equipment for loan
This service gives access to a Loan pool of AV equipment (non-IT related), and is available for Short term loan by members of Faculty, staff, departments and students. Faculty, staff, department or students who have such a need, may apply to the Technology Help Center (email@example.com)
Equipment Available for Loan
- Portable PA system
- Barcode scanner
- Admin Unilounge wireless handheld mics
- Admin FR6.1 wireless handheld mics
- SOL Function Lounge wireless handheld mics
Users of the equipment are to take note of the following terms.
- Subject to availability of Equipment
- Application needs to be sent at least 5 working days in advance
- Equipment may not be brought out of campus
- Equipment are to be collected and returned on time
- Equipment may only be loaned for official SMU activities
- Setup and operation of the equipment are self-managed
- Briefing of usage of equipment may be arranged prior to the loan date.
- Students who apply for the loan are required to obtain an endorsement from the Faculty in charge of their class, or staff in charge of their CCA, or department in charge of their activity
- Endorsement of the loan request would mean that the staff/Faculty representing the office/school, supports that the student is responsible, and the office would act as a guarantor for the student. Should the equipment come back faulty, or should the student be tardy in the returning of the equipment, and be un-contactable, the office/Faculty will be held responsible.
- You may submit your AV Equipment loan request in the eForm
Mondays to Fridays, 08:30am - 10.00pm
Saturdays, 08:30am - 05:30pm
Exclude Sundays and Public Holidays