This service entails the following undertakings by IITS:
- To provide Blackberry devices and subscription plans as part of a Start-Work-Arrangement for senior management and administrators. The costs of the devices and plans are to be borne by the respective schools/offices
- To link and provide Blackberry Mail data services for SMU emails to users under the SMU Corporate Account.
- To provide support services for all SMU Blackberry users under the SMU Corporate Account.
Other terms and conditions for SMU Corporate Blackberry users apply as follows:
- Blackberry users are responsible for safeguarding SMU assets and keeping them in good condition.
- Users are responsible for filing a police report, in the event that the device is lost, and of which the user may claim up to 50% cost of the replacement handset.
- The Blackberry users are to note Finance’s payment policies and procedures for Blackberry usage while on overseas business trips, and as well as SMU Business Travel Policy.
- All handset maintenance and repair costs are to be borne by department/cost centres.
- Users are responsible for returning the Blackberry account and handset to the University in good working condition (wear and tear excepted), in the event that he/she leaves SMU or no longer holds the appointment which entitles him/her to a Blackberry handset.