IT consultancy and advisory services are provided across SMU to help members of the faculty, staff, schools, offices and functional units of SMU better use technology for personal and departmental effectiveness, and greater business and operational efficiency.
The above service is applicable to Schools, offices and departments and official functional units in SMU, and will extend to cover all new, additions or alterations to existing cabling, technical, systems or infrastructural set up in SMU.
Areas of technical specialty includes, but is not limited to:
- Applications design, systems design and development
- Development, maintenance and support for current applications and systems in the IT Service Portfolio
- User interface, web design and development
- Infrastructural equipment that involved linking up to the SMU network infrastructure
- Technical project management
- Guidance and clarification with regard to use of technology in SMU, understanding SMU IT policies, guidelines and standards.