Virtual Desktop enables MAC, iOS & Android devices to access SMU Intranet services running on Windows environment overcoming web browser and platform compatibility issues.
SMU Virtual Desktop can be accessed in two ways:
- VMware Horizon View Client – Available for MAC, iOS and Android users.
- For more details, please refer to our Virtual Desktop main page.
- Use of the Virtual Desktop is monitored. Its provision is solely to facilitate secured remote access to SMU’s internal computing and IT resources.
- Users should not abuse the Virtual Desktop to access restricted or prohibited sites or download copyrighted materials or to use it in any way that runs contrary to the laws of any country.
- The provision of the Virtual Desktop is for the legitimate use by SMU faculty and staff only.
Allocated Cost (RCA).