IITS is responsible for the provision of personal computers and notebooks to eligible members of the SMU Faculty and Staff. This service entails IITS to take care of the procurement, delivery, configuration, installation, repair, maintenance, replacement, support and disposal of all University-owned PCs and notebooks as part of the IITS PC lifecycle management and support services.
The Procurement, Replacement and Support services provided by the IITS would include the following:
- Provide procurement, delivery, installation of PCs for new permanent staff members under SMU's Start Work Arrangement ("SWA").
- Provide PC installation, OS upgrade and problem resolution of all SMU-owned computers.
- Ensure all new computers are configured with a baseline standard set of software including operating system, standard SMU licensed software and anti-virus.
- Ensure the SMU-owned computers running on Mac OS and Windows can communicate and integrate with the core SMU infrastructure.
- Manage and conduct periodically PC refresh exercise to replace aged PCs purchased under the SWA.
- Coordinate and manage the out-of-warranty desktop PC maintenance contract for offices and schools.
- Arrange for secured disposal of all SMU-owned PCs and notebooks through SMU appointed vendors.
Cost allocated. (RCA).