Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a secured network connection where remote (off-campus) SMU users may connect to SMU network to access the University’s computing facilities or IT services that are not made available through the web-browser or the Internet.
The SMU supported VPN client software is available for Windows 10 and MacOS X v10.8 to v10.15.
You may refer to below 2 articles on: -
- How can i apply for a VPN account?
- How to install a VPN client? (This article required you to log in using SMU credential.)
- Use of the SMU VPN is monitored. Its provision is solely to facilitate secured remote access to SMU’s internal computing and IT resources.
- Users should not abuse the SMU VPN to access restricted or prohibited sites or download copyrighted materials or to use it in any way that runs contrary to the laws of any country.
- The provision of the SMU VPN is for the legitimate use by SMU faculty and staff only.
- The connect will be auto disconnected after 24 hours of continual use.
Allocated Cost (RCA).