Also known as : PC, Printers, IP Phone, Clickers, iPads
This service gives access to a loan pool of PCs, notebooks, Printers, IP phones and clickers and is available for short-loan by members of the faculty, staff and departments. Faculty, staff and departments who have a need for short term IT equipment may also apply to the Technology Help Centre (email@example.com).
Additionally, 6 units of the iPad2 are also available for loan by instructors in and outside class (e.g. field trips, group activities, collaborative activities). As this initiative is still at the experimental stage, a short usage feedback would be required of both the instructor and students in order to document their experiences. The reports would go into the evaluation of provisioning iPads for teaching. Instructors who have a need to apply for the iPads may apply via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PCs, IP Phones, printers, clicker system and other IT equipment and peripherals:
- Subject to availability of equipment
- For short term loan periods of not more than 6 months
- Applicable only to faculty, staff and departments only
- PCs and IP Phone loans for contract staff are available up to a maximum of 6 months
Instructors can only borrow the iPads for a maximum of 2 weeks per school term.
- Bookings to be made 3 working days in advance.
- The iPads can only be used by students/instructors in SMU for teaching and learning activities.
- These iPads cannot be used for Faculty/Students' Development & Testing Work.
- These iPads can only be used in Singapore.
- These iPads can only be loaned to members of the Faculty, they cannot be loaned to students directly.
- The iPads can only be booked by instructors in SMU that are teaching in the current term.
- The instructor is personally responsible for the equipment in case of damage.
- iPads may be reformatted after each use, therefore, users are responsible for their own data backup before returning the iPads.