The Research Computing Infrastructure is a core computing facility for the SMU faculty, researchers and students who conduct research in numerical experiments and computational intensive analysis or require computationally intensive resources. Commonly named as HPCC, it comprises high performance computing machines, network storages for large amounts of data and commonly used research software.
The configuration for the above Research Computing Infrastructure service is as follows:
- Total CPU cores: 272 cores minimum
- Total RAM (GB): 1536 GB minimum
- Shared Home Storage (TB): 2 TB
- Scratch Storage (TB): 1 TB
- Large Dataset Storage (TB): 16 to 18 TB
- Cluster network interconnect: 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GE)
- Job Queues (Pools): 3 queues (Long/Short/Express)
- Software: Matlab, Ilog, STATA, R, Gauss etc.,
Users will have to abide by the following terms in employing the above services by IITS:
- The above service is for SMU business and research purposes only, and not for consultancy or personal purposes.
- Accounts for external collaborators must be sponsored by a SMU faculty or school. IITS reserves the right to terminate or deny any external accounts.
Allocated Cost (RCA).