- Select Add New
- From the dropdown menu, select Media Upload
(You may have see different options, based on your account permissions. By default, all faculty and staff should have the 'Media Upload' option. If you do not see this on your account, please contact email@example.com to activate it.)
- The Upload Media page is displayed.
- Drag and drop your file or select Choose a file to upload.
- Select a media file to upload and click Open.
- While the file is uploading, you can fill out the metadata about the media (Video Name, description) and click Save.
Setting Media to Unlisted for Sharing
After uploading, if you wish to share your media, you will need to change the publishing status as all uploaded media are set to Private by default.
- After the upload has completed, scroll down to the Publishing Status section.
- Unlisted is suitable for most general use cases as it can be viewed by anyone with a link to the page. Select Unlisted and click Save.
Retrieving the media URL for sharing
- After you have saved the Publishing Status, Select Go To Media
- After the media page has loaded, refer to the URL bar in your browser. This is the link that you can share. Simply copy the link to share.
- You may also click on the Link to Media Page tab. Simply copy the link to share.
You will notice that both URLs are slightly different, but they both point to the video.
The shorter URL is more convenient for sharing via social media, the longer URL will be useful if you are sharing multiple links as the title in the URL will help users differentiate between the videos.
Video after Upload
After a video is uploaded, it will take some time to be processed for optimal playback. How long this takes will vary depending on the duration and file size of your video, as well as overall traffic.
All uploaded media can be accessed on your My Media page.