A Channel is a collection of videos and audio files that is created by an owner, and managed by the owner and any delegated mangers.
- Click on your name > My Channelsin the upper right.
- Click the Create Channel
- Enter a Name.
- Enter a brief Description and Tags as needed.
- NOTE: Tags add searchable text for public channels.
- SelectPrivacy settings:
- Select Open to create a publicly viewable channel.
- Select Restrictedto limit participation to members.
- Select Privateto create a channel for members only.
- Select Optionsas needed.
- Check the first box tomoderate content.
- Check the second box to enable comments.
- Click Save.
- Click Back to Channel to view your changes.
To add members to view and contribute to your channels
- Click on your name > My Channelsfrom the upper right corner.
- Pick a channel, and click edit under the channel name.
- Click on the Memberstab at the top of the page.
- Click the Add Member
- Enter the SMU user nameof the person you want to add.
- Select an option from the Set Permissiondropdown menu:
- Member: View Channel Content Only
- Contributor: View channel content and add media to the channel.
- Moderator: View channel content, add media to the channel, and moderate channel content.
- Manager: View channel content, add media to the channel, moderate channel content, and manage users.
NOTE: To include other media from Mediacast Galleries, please contact Mediacast administrators.