- Windows Desktop
- MAC Desktop
- After logging in to the web portal, click on “install” tab at the top panel to install the native
client on your desktop (screenshot below):
- Click on the download link above. Choose Save and double click the setup icon (or simply
click Run) when the download completes. Setup will restart Windows Explorer during the
installation in order to enable SMU-SDrive (Syncplicity's) icon overlays.
- Enter your account credentials to login to SMU-SDrive (Syncplicity). Select the "Login using corporate account" checkbox. Provide your SMU email address and password.
- Your computer name and default SMU-SDrive (Syncplicity) folder location is entered automatically. However, you can enter any of these values to enter a custom machine name and folder location. This step will link your computer to the SMU-SDrive (Syncplicity) account. Follow the installation steps.
- View the product tutorial to learn more about the capabilties of SMU-SDrive (Syncplicity) Windows desktop client.
- SMU-SDrive (Syncplicity) will run in the background automatically, syncing all your files. This process will not slow down your machine. To find out the status, simply click the SMU-SDrive (Syncplicity) icon using our new task bar panel.
- Managing folders is simple. Using SMU-SDrive (Syncplicity) "Manage Folders" you can instantly see all the files you have access to regardless of where they reside. Click on a folder and on the right-hand side you'll have the option of syncing to your local computer, stop syncing or deleting the folder from SMU-SDrive (Syncplicity). Instantly viewing your privileges - owner, editor or reader rights on each shared folder.
- Click on the link (screenshot below) to download MAC Desktop Client. Provide your SMU email address to sync & share your files / folders.
- Open the SMU-SDrive (Syncplicity) Application using DiskImageMounter.
- Drag the SMU-SDrive (Syncplicity) icon into your Applications folder.
- Double click the SMU-SDrive (Syncplicity) icon in your Applications folder.
- For iPhone & iPad / Android / Windows Mobile - go to the respective Apple / Play / Windows - Store and install the app on your mobile device. Provide your SMU email address to start using.