Most web browsers include a feature to block pop-up windows. While this may eliminate unwanted or bothersome pop-up windows, the feature sometimes can impede the functionality of legitimate or useful websites.
Follow the instructions below to configure your web browser to allow pop-up windows for your selected websites.
Safari 5.x/6.x/7.x (OS X)
Safari for OS X has no per-website control over blocking pop-ups windows. Pop-ups are either blocked, or they are not. To allow pop-ups:
- From the Safari menu, ensure the Block pop-up windows option is not checked. Unchecking this option will allow pop-ups.
- To block pop-ups once again, check Block pop-up windows in the Safari menu. You can use a keyboard shortcut: shift-[command key]-K.
- From the Safari menu, choose "Preferences..." and click the Security tab.
- Ensure the Block pop-up windows option is not checked. Unchecking this option will allow pop-ups.
- To block pop-ups once again, check the Block pop-up windows checkbox.
Google Chrome (Windows/OS X)
- Open Chrome.
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the Privacy section, click "Content settings...". The Content settings window appears.
- In the Pop-ups section, click "Manage exceptions...".
- Copy and paste https://alumnieservices.smu.edu.sg into Hostname pattern field and set the behaviour to Allow.
- Close any remaining dialog boxes.
Mozilla Firefox (Windows/OS X)
- Open Firefox.
- Select "Options..." from the Tools menu (Windows) or "Preferences..." from the Firefox menu (OS X). The Options (Windows) or variable (OS X) dialog box opens.
- In the top panel of the dialog box, click on the Content icon to display the Content dialog box.
- In the Content dialog box, ensure the Block pop-up windows checkbox is selected, then click the adjacent "Exceptions..." button.
- Copy and paste https://alumnieservices.smu.edu.sg into Address of website field, then click Allow. The selected webpage is added to the list of Allowed Sites.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 10/11 (Windows 7/8)
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the Tools menu, select Pop-up Blocker → Pop-up Blocker Settings. The Pop-up Blocker Settings dialog box opens.
- Copy and paste https://alumnieservices.smu.edu.sg into Address of website to allow field.
- Click Add. The selected website is added to the list of Allowed sites.
- Click Close to close the Pop-up Blocker Settings dialog box.