IITS purchases licensed software centrally for SMU to support the teaching, learning and school administration operations.
- Software licenses are either perpetual or renewable on a yearly basis, with latest upgrades included by manufacturers.
- IITS will maintain latest software versions on the web.
- Adequate licenses for SMU licensed application suite of software are acquired for PCs and notebooks used by faculty, staff and students on campus.
- All software licenses, if applicable, are limited to one copy per user.
- Software upgrades are not available to faculty, staff or student who ceases to be an employee or student who has graduated from SMU.
- SMU issued computers and laptops are installed with the following baseline Operating Systems(OS):
- Windows 10 Education and above;
- macOS version 10.13: “High Sierra” and above
- Comes pre-installed in the staff and faculty desktop and notebooks if they have requested and purchased the PCs in the SMU PC Tender exercise.
- Periodically reviewed by the IT Steering Committee for changes in software versioning and business requirements.
- Users can install software by themselves in the Network 'I' drive.
|No||Name of Software|
|4.||Virtual Canvas (not for desktop)|