1. At the top right hand corner of the Mediacast page, click on 'Guest' and then select 'Login'. You may be prompted to enter your SMU credentials. If you are already logged in to iNet, it should automatically log you in.
2. Click on 'Add New' and select 'CaptureSpace Lite'
3. As this is your first time accessing this feature, you will need to download the CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder application.
Click on 'Download for Mac'.
For subsequent uses, you will be prompted to launch the app after step 2.
4. Proceed to install the application.
5. Once the installation is complete, launch the application.
6. You can proceed with your choice of recording. The Record tab enables you to select from the different recording options available in CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder:
- Record the screen and voice.
- Record the screen and video.
- Record only video.
- Record only voice.
7. Upon selecting 'Screen', you will be prompted to select the area you wish to capture. Once you click record, the recording will commence after a 5 second countdown, so prior to clicking record, it is best to get your powerpoint file loaded and ready.
When you are ready, click 'Record'.
8. Once the recording has started, the application minimizes into a smaller control bar, where you can select annotation tools, to pause the video, or click Done.
9. After you click Done, the next screen allows you to preview and edit the video:
10. If there are any edits applied, click 'Apply', and then 'Done'.
You will be prompted to Upload or Save your video.
11. Once the upload is complete, the video will be available under your mediacast account, under 'My Media'. You can also retrieve the actual video file that is saved on your computer.
Accessing the uploaded recording in your mediacast account
Select your Username at the top right of the Mediacast page, then select 'My Media'.
Accessing the local file of the recording on your computer
You can locate where the files are saved by looking under the 'Settings' tab of the Desktop Recorder application.