To download your media in Mediacast, you will need to enable the download tab for each specific media.
Do note that this tab will also be visible to all other users with access to your video.
If you do not wish to allow users to download your media, remember to disable the download tab after you have completed your download.
Enabling the Download Tab
- On the media page, click on Actions, then select Edit from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Downloads tab.
You may not see the exact same set of tabs, depending on your account permissions. All Faculty and Staff should have the Downloads tab, if you are unable to see it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Under Available Formats: Check the boxes for the formats you wish to enable for download, and then click Save.
- After saving the downloads settings, click Go To Media.
- You should now see a new Download tab available on your media page. Click on the Download tab.
- Click on the download icons to download your video in the preferred format.
After downloading the content
The Download tab will remain visible to all users with access to the video unless you disable it.
You can leave it up if your intention is to allow your audience to download your media for reference.
If you wish to disable the Download tab, simply repeat steps 1 to 4, but uncheck all the boxes instead.