SMU Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for SMU e-services
To manage your Two-Factor Authentication please visit https://smu.sg/2fa.
- ★ What is SMU Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
- ★ Why 2FA?
- ★ What do you need to do to setup or manage 2FA?
- Is 2FA required for every SMU e-service?
- What are the 2FA methods?
- Are the Security questions mandatory?
- Will the 2FA system send a confirmation (e.g. via SMS or push notification) upon successful registration of 2FA?
- What if staff/student has no smartphone?
- What if staff/student did not register for 2FA?
- Is multiple 2FA sign-in required every time I access the 2FA enabled e-services?
- How does staff/student change or switch to another 2FA method?
- What if staff/student forget to bring handphone?
- What happens if staff/student change handphone number?
- What happens if staff/student change handset (retaining the same phone number)?
- What if staff/student did not receive an SMS token or if the SMS token is delayed?
- What happens if staff transfer from one department to another?
- What does staff/student need to take note when they go overseas?
- Will the handphone number(s) used for 2FA be made known to staff’s HOD/colleagues?