Use the following steps to determine whether your computer is joined to SMU Active Directory domain, and, if so, whether you are logged in to the domain or to the local computer.
Checking whether your computer is joined to Active Directory:
- Right mouse click on the This PC icon
- Select Properties
- Look under the Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings for either one of these entries:
- Domain: staff.smu.edu.sg
(means you are connected to the campus STAFF Active Directory)
- Domain: student.smu.edu.sg
(means you are connected to the campus STUDENT Active Directory)
Checking whether you're logged in to the AD or the local machine:
Even if your computer is joined to the Active Directory, you may be logged in either to the Active Directory or to your local machine. To check:
- Open the Start menu, then type cmd in the Search box and press Enter.
- In the command line window that appears, type set user and press Enter.
- Look at the USERDOMAIN: entry. If the user domain contains the Active Directory's name, you're logged in to the SMU Active Directory.