Disclaimers, Terms and Conditions on IITS’s Mobile Security Scanning Services held only on 17 Jan 2014
- This mobile security scanning service is a one-off malware scanning and detection service offered free to all SMU faculty, staff and students as part of IITS’s IT Security Awareness Program.
- The product used for scanning is McAfee® Mobile Security antivirus software, compliments of McAfee, and offered to all SMU Community free on a 3-month basis. More information on the product on https://www.mcafeemobilesecurity.com/
- Each faculty, staff and student (hereafter termed as “users”), is allowed only one copy, regardless of the number of mobile devices they own. Please show your employee or student ID.
- Licences are issued on a first-come-first served basis. No reservations allowed.
How it is done
- The antivirus software is installed on each mobile device to be scanned.
- Depending on the number of applications on the mobile device, scanning is expected to take about 10 – 20 minutes (installation included).
- This service is NOT a drop-off service. Users must be present during the installation and scanning. Users must be present to give the approval for any removal of malware, if found.
- The choice to install and scan for malware in mobile devices is non-obligatory and solely resides with our users.
- Users would have to sign a disclaimer absolving IITS from any issues that could have arisen during the installation of antivirus software and scanning, detection and removal of malware. (On this note, IITS would like to add that if an app does not work after the scanning, for purchased apps, users may want to reinstall the app; for free downloads, you may want to reconsider using the app.
Support and Questions.
For Query and Support, please refer to