Changing Password on First Login
*Note : For new students, on your first login, you will be prompted to change your password for the first time.
Your password must meet all of the following conditions:
- Should not be related or be based on the user's account name.
- Contain "characters" from at least 3 out of the following 4 categories:
- Uppercase alphabet characters (A-Z)
- Lowercase alphabet characters (a-z)
- Arabic numerals (0 - 9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters (for example, !$#, %&)
- Contain eight (8) characters or more.
3. You cannot reuse any of your previous SMU password.
Your password is valid for 180 days. You are advised to change your password before it expires.
Changing Password before Expiry
You can change your password prior to its expiration by following the steps below.
On your browser, go to https://live.smu.edu.sg/manage.aspx
1. Select the Domain: Student.smu.edu.sg
2. On the Username, put your SMU domain username only (without the domain).
3. On the Old Password, put the about to expire password.
4. On the New Password, and confirm password put the new password.
5. Then click Change Password button.
6. You may use the new password on your next domain login.
Changing Your Expired Password
Changing an expired password is a 2 step process: -
1) Reset your expired password
2) Change your newly reset password to your preference (as detailed above)
Reset your password immediately online here (applicable only if you have pre-registered for the service)
Reset your password via a email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide the following details in your email for verification purposes: -
- Student Card Number:
- First 6 digit of your mobile phone:
- Full Name:
- SMU Email Address:
- Last 3 digit of your NRIC/FIN)
We will reply you within 3 working days.
Reset your password at IITS Help Centre (immediate reset of password) during office hours from Mon-Fri: 8:00am -7:00pm (Last walk-in 6:30pm).
Technology Help Centre is closed on Sat, Sun and Public Holidays.