Changing Password on First Login
On your first login, you will be prompted to change your password for the first time.
Your password must meet all of the following conditions:
- Should not be related or be based on the user's account name.
- Contain "characters" from at least 3 out of the following 4 categories:
- Uppercase alphabet characters (A-Z)
- Lowercase alphabet characters (a-z)
- Arabic numerals (0 - 9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters (for example, !$#, %&)
- Contain eight (8) characters or more.
- You cannot reuse any of your previous SMU passwords.
Your password is valid for 180 days after which you would need to change the password before it expires.
Changing Password before 180 days
You can change your password prior to its expiration by following the steps below.
1. On your browser, go to https://email.smu.edu.sg/ . Then click the link Change My Password.
2. Then you will see this page that would ask for the following information.
3. On the drop-down menu select staff.smu.edu.sg (applicable for Faculty users too).
4. On the user name, put your SMU domain user name only (without the domain).
Ex: If your email is firstname.lastname@example.org your user name will be myusername.
5. On the Old Password, put the about to expire password.
6. On the New Password, and confirm password put the new password.
7. Then click Change Password button.
8. Then click Change Password button.
9. You may use the new password on your next domain login.