Changing Password on First Login
On your first login, you will be prompted to change your password for the first time.
Your password must meet all of the following conditions:
- Should not be related or be based on the user's account name.
- Contain "characters" of all 4 categories:
- Uppercase alphabet characters (A-Z)
- Lowercase alphabet characters (a-z)
- Arabic numerals (0 - 9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters (for example, !$#, %&)
- Contain eight (8) characters or more.
- You cannot reuse any of your previous SMU passwords.
Your password is valid for 180 days after which you would need to change the password before it expires.
Changing Password before 180 days
You can change your password prior to its expiration by following the steps below.
1. On your browser, go to https://live.smu.edu.sg/manage.aspx.
2. You will see this page, on the drop-down menu select Faculty/Staff
3. On the User name, put your SMU domain user name only (without the domain).
eg: If your email is email@example.com, then your user name will be myusername.
4. On the Current Password, put the about to expire password.
5. On the New Password, and Confirm New password put the new password.
6. Then click Change Password button.
7. You may use the new password on your next domain login.
Changing Your Expired Password
Changing an expired password is a 2 step process: -
1) Reset your expired password
2) Change your newly reset password to your preference (as detailed above)
You can reset your expired password using one of the following options.
Reset your password immediately online here (applicable only if you have pre-registered for the service)
Reset your password via a email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reset your password at IT Help Centre (immediate reset of password) during office hours from Mon-Fri: 8:00am -7:00pm (Last walk-in 6:30pm).
IT Help Centre is closed on Sat, Sun and Public Holidays.